Empire Moving and Storage (Toronto moving company) answers all frequently asked questions.
How do you pack?
- Mirrors and pictures will be bubble-wrapped or paper wrapped and secured in a carton specially constructed to prevent damage to these fragile items.
- Book cartons, as with all cartons will be packed tight to prevent shifting during transit.
- Handling lampshades by the wires protects the shade surface. Lampshades may be nested to conserve space, and generous amounts of paper provide cushioning.
- Dishes will be individually wrapped and placed vertically in a dishpack for safe transport. Fill the carton to limit movement and be sure to pad both the bottom and top for added insurance.
- We use a sturdy wardrobe box for clothing suspended on hangers. Your clothing will arrive at your new residence as clean and wrinkle-free as possible. Use a linen box for other clothing.
- Our crewmen will wrap furniture and wood surfaces to avoid scratching and chipping.
- High value and fragile items such as computers, televisions or appliances will be wrapped in the original packaging. If that packaging is no longer available pad wrap or bubble wrap these products for extra safety.
- Some of your belongings have unique needs. Large items such as chandeliers and grandfather clocks can be crated and doubly protected with packing material to ensure their safe transit and arrival.
How much notice do you need?
Short notice is OK but depends on our trucks availability.
What size are your trucks?
We always use 18, 24 and 30 foot trucks. A 24-30 foot truck can move up to 6-bedroom house in one trip. However, it depends on mover’s packing skills. Our movers pack fast.
Everything has to be in the right order. We use blankets to cover your furniture and breakable items. It is very important!
What types of payment do you accept?
Cash, Visa or certified cheque.
Do you charge minimum?
Yes, the minimum is three hours of labor time.
Do you use any moving equipment?
All of our trucks are fully equipped with special blankets, dollies, ramps etc.
When should I call to book my move?
You can call us 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Call or email NOW if you have questions, comments or suggestions.